Oversized crewneck t-shirt made from Hues Laboratories’ special blend of Icelandic seaweed fibers (SmartCell™ LT), wood fibers (smartcel™ Sensitive), and GOTS-certified organic cotton. The unique mix of Icelandic seaweed and wood fibers provide permanent anti-bacterial and odor resistant properties, keeping the t-shirt fresh much longer and meaning you won’t have to wash as often. It also makes for an incredibly soft, lightweight fabric with a beautifully subtle melange effect. Shoulder seams are accentuated by Hues Laboratories’ signature 12x1mm bar-tacks front and back. The dropped shoulder, deep armhole, and straight, loose sleeves give a relaxed and comfortable fit. Classic 20mm 1×1 rib collar and 7mm binding at neck seam for added comfort and durability. Monochrome 2-tone logo matching garment color transfer printed at center of chest. The printed patch just above lower left edge contains an NFC-chip which can be scanned with a smartphone to access details of the particular garment’s origins, footprint, and much more.
- This t-shirt is made using a blend of highly innovative and sustainable organic fibers. The blend mixes GOTS-certified organic cotton from Portugal with two sustainable, fully organic ,and bio-degradable alternative fibers: SeaCell™ LT (North Atlantic seaweed fibers from the Icelandic coast) and smartcel™ sensitive (wood cellulose beech fibers from Czech Republic).
- The seaweed and wood fibers have been permanently infused with a zinc additive of the highest quality, creating long-lasting anti-bacterial and odor-resistant properties. This means the t-shirt will stay fresh much longer and you won’t have to wash it as often as you’re probably used to.
- Fabric dyed using only OEKO-TEX Standard 100-certified dyes and processes, guaranteed harmless for workers, wearers, and nature alike.
- Scannable NFC-chip sewn into the sleeve. Scanning the chip with a smartphone gives access to details of the particular garment’s origins as well as how the footprint of the garment compares to other similar garments from other fashion brands.
Fabric & Manufacturing:
- Raw materials: Seaweed from Iceland. Beech and eucalyptus fibers from the Czech Republic. Organic Cotton (GOTS and OCS-certified) from Portugal.
- Composition: 20% SeaCell™ LT, 10% smartcel™ Sensitive, 70% Organic Cotton
- Made in: Portugal
- Collar: 20mm 1×1 rib
- Hems: 20mm double needle stitch
- Print: Transfer printed, monochrome 2-tone logo matching garment color
- Seams: 10mm double-needle top stitches with signature 12x1mm bartacks. 3-thread overlock stitched patch on sleeve.
- Material & Care
20% SeaCell™ LT, 10% Smartcel™ Sensitive Lyocell, 70% Organic Cotton from Portugal (GOTS-certified)
Wash with similar colors at 30°C and hang dry.
To encourage less frequent washing, the seaweed and wood fibers of this t-shirt have been permanently infused with a zinc additive of the highest quality. This enhancement gives the t-shirt long-lasting anti-bacterial and odor resistant properties, meaning the t-shirt will stay fresh much longer and you won’t have to wash it as often as you’re probably used to.
30-70% of the total carbon footprint during a garment’s life cycle comes from the washing you do in your home. Just wearing your t-shirt 3 times before washing it – rather than washing after every use – and skipping the dryer saves up to 80% energy. It also creates much less wear and tear of your t-shirt meaning it will last longer.
- Shipping & Returns
We offer free shipping worldwide and 14 days return rights. Read more at the bottom of the page.
- For every garment we produce, we protect a piece of primeval forest from deforestation - a small but important effort to reverse climate change.
- 1 garment produced
- 1 sqm primeval forest protected
- Natural biodiversity sustained
- At LEAST 34 kg CO2 stored
- At LEAST 7 times the garment's carbon footprint is offset!